Greater Minnesota Management is a nonprofit multi-family housing management organization originally founded in 1997 with a vision of vibrant towns where people have safe, high-quality housing and a welcoming place to call home in Northwestern Minnesota. We are a trusted and professional property management organization, committed to serving our community, property owners, and residents.
As a nonprofit organization, we do our very best to provide our services at an affordable cost, which enables property owners to hand over all responsibilities of their properties while still maintaining the financial benefits of their investment. Our management fees are determined by several factors, please contact us for a cost evaluation.
We take the hassle and worry of ownership away from you, the property owner. We provide efficient services and do our best to place qualified tenants, maximizing and protecting your investment.
We provide a rent rate recommendation to maximize your property value and promote your property broadly to quickly identify great prospective tenants. The benefit is pricing the property properly can make the difference of how long it takes to rent.
- Social media
- Numerous online rental platforms
- Local sources
- Referrals and networking
Resident Screening and Leasing
- Leasing agents
- In-depth market knowledge of your property's neighborhood
- Proven screening and leasing
- Commence marketing property before lease termination
- Regular rent increases
Renewals, Move-ins, and Move-outs
- Welcoming phone call and follow-up
- Lease renewals
- Move-out processing
- Walk property
- Security deposits
- Maintenance list
- Document with photos
- Documented system for communicating with residents
- Lease enforcement
- Property inspections
- Documented lease violations
- Proven strategies for managing residents
- Subsidy inspections and reporting
- Eviction process
- Residents may pay in person, by mail, or online
- Proven accounting and record-keeping systems
- Fair housing
As a managing agent, we ensure fair housing, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, familial status, gender identity or sexual orientation. We comply with Minnesota Fair Housing Act, Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended by the Fair Housing Amendment Act of 1988, as well as the Minnesota Human Rights Act, and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
We provide regular maintenance services needed for properties of all sizes and occupancies. We want to help ensure that your property always remains in the best condition possible, protecting your investment and increasing the desirability to potential renters. We have preferred relationships with a variety of vendors to work with us to effectively complete any repair.
In addition to the regular maintenance needed for any property, things do go wrong at the most inconvenient of times. Late nights, weekends, or special events – emergencies never take a vacation. For this reason, we offer an emergency service. With our 24-hour after hours call service, we provide timely service for your residents and peace of mind for you knowing that your property is being taken care of. You avoid the hassle of odd-hour phone calls.
Greater Minnesota Management's Maintenance Services Coordinates the following:
- Preventative, turnover, and seasonal maintenance and repairs
- 24-hour emergency services
- Complete project supervision
- Capital improvements
- Snow removal and lawn care services
- Vendor billing
Accounting and Reporting
Our goal is to provide you with the best service and manage your properties efficiently and effectively. Our in-house accounting department and modern software enables us to quickly supply you with your properties financial data.
- Access to current and historical financial reports
- Detailed monthly financial reports
- Accounts payable and receivables
- Year-end Documents
- Monthly and Annual Reporting
- Subsidized property compliance reporting
- Direct Deposit to owner’s account