Serving People With Quality Housing Since 1997
We are a nonprofit multi-family housing management organization that manages scattered properties throughout Northwest Minnesota, featuring a wide variety of options, housing styles, and amenities. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are courteous, professional, putting customer service at the forefront of everything we do.
Greater Minnesota Management has been in business since 1997 when we formed a 501c3 professional management company to serve cities and housing authorities in northern Minnesota. Since that time, we have established a reputation of integrity and excellence, serving the needs of our communities, residents and property owners, as well as supporting the ongoing professional development of each of our valued employees. In 2003, we formed another non-profit company, Greater Minnesota Property allowing us to serve individual owners and partnerships.
We envision vibrant towns where people have safe, high-quality housing and a welcoming place to call home.
To develop, own, and manage multifamily properties and provide housing expertise to communities.
To manage multifamily properties and provide housing expertise to the communities we serve.
Relationships: We value our relationships with owners, residents, employees, cities, state and federal agencies, and our professional Board of Directors.
Teamwork: We work together as a cross-trained and loyal team.
Efficiency: We cultivate positive change by getting things done and letting go of what does not contribute.
Service: We find our success in serving property owners and residents well.
Download a PDF of our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Well-trained management team committed to working together for the success of the properties we manage
What Makes Us "Professional?"
* Success in managing apartment properties for owners in NW Minnesota since 1997
* Skilled in Yardi Voyager software, the best fully integrated software in the multi-family housing industry
* Governed by an experienced Board of Directors with diverse professional backgrounds; Tim Flathers, President, April 1998 (HRDC Director, retired); Sue Christianson, Secretary/Treasurer, July 2020; Chuck Lucken, Director, May 2000 (Fosston City Administrator, retired); Lee Meier, Director, July 2019 (Real Estate Broker); Michelle Landsverk, Nov 2007 (President, Landsverk and Associates, Inc.); Tom Jones, Director, Feb 2012, (Architect Engineer); Mark Finstad, May, 2019, (President of Ultima Bank); and Charity Brault, Ex-Officio (Executive Director, NW MN Multi-County HRA).
* Highly trained employees, committed to excellence in all aspects of housing management
* Accounting team with a history of 100+ clean audits
* Demonstrated success in many types of housing; Market Rate, Project Base Section 8, HUD Section 8, Rural Development, Home Funds, 215, 252, Rap, Rad II
* Long-term relationships with scores of professional colleagues including, Attorneys, Auditors, Bankers, Insurance Brokers, RE Brokers, Architect Engineers, Web Designers, Foundations, General Contractors, and Developers
* Members of Minnesota Multi-Housing Association (MHA), Minnesota Council of Non-Profits (MCN), NAHRO, and many City Chambers