Serving People With Quality Housing Since 1997
We are a nonprofit multi-family housing management organization that manages nearly 40 properties in Northwest Minnesota, featuring a wide variety of options, housing styles, and amenities. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are courteous, professional, putting customer service at the forefront of everything we do.
Greater Minnesota Management has been in business since 1997 when we formed a 501c3 professional management company to serve cities and housing authorities in northern Minnesota. Since that time, we have established a reputation of integrity and excellence, serving the needs of our communities, residents and property owners, as well as supporting the ongoing professional development of each of our valued employees. In 2003, we formed another non-profit company, Greater Minnesota Property allowing us to serve individual owners and partnerships.
We are dedicated to: serving our owners, residents and apartment communities with excellence and integrity; and fostering the professional growth of each employee.
We value relationships. From the Owners, our residents, the surrounding communities, to our employees and our board of directors, people are our priority.
We work together as a team to increase value to the Owner’s property.
We value ingenuity, both innovation and diligence are encouraged-and rewarded.
Cultivating positive change is about contributing, getting things done, and getting rid of everything else that does not contribute.
We value excellent leadership with the highest integrity.
We are a great team of well-trained individuals committed to working together as a team to bring success to the properties we manage. “None of us is as smart as all of us”. Ken Blanchard
What Makes Us "Professional?"
* 22 Years of successfully managing apartment properties for owners in NW Minnesota
* We provide full service management for owners of multi-family apartment housing
* We use the best fully integrated software in the multi-family housing industry; Yardi Voyager 7S
* We are governed by an experienced Board of Directors with diverse professional backgrounds; Tim Flathers, President, April 1998 (HRDC Director); Betty Arvidson, Sec. Treas., July 2003 (Riverview Hospital CFO); Chuck Lucken, Director, May 2000 (Fosston City Administrator); Doug Oman, Director, Nov 2009 (State Farm Ins. Broker); Michelle Landsverk, Nov 2007 (President, Landsverk and Associates, Inc.); Tom Jones, Director, Feb 2012, (Architect Engineer); and Mark Finstad, May, 2019, (President of Ultima Bank)
* Highly trained employees certified in: Sec 8 COM, Sec 42 COM, Real Estate, Boiler License., Carpentry, Fair Housing, Hearing Officer, Accounting, Plumbing
* An excellent Accounting team with a history of 100+ clean audits
* We are accomplished in many types of housing; Market Rate, Project Base Section 8, HUD Section 8, Rural Development, Home Funds, 215, 252, Rap, Rad II
* We have bid and administrated many large and small renovation projects for owners, sometimes writing small grants to help improve property
* We could not do everything we do without the many long term relationships we have with scores of professional colleagues including, Attorneys, Auditors, Bankers, Insurance Brokers, RE Brokers, Architect Engineers, Web Designers, Foundations, General Contractors, and Developers
* We are long time members of Minnesota Multi-Housing Association (MHA), Minnesota Council of Non-Profits (MCN), NAHRO, and many City Chambers.